Saturday 21 June 2008

Foxgloves

I had to show you this crowd of foxgloves, all self-seeded. This is an odd corner of the garden which is really just a very small area of waste ground. The soil is very poor, dry and stony and bakes rock hard in the sun, but the foxgloves don't seem to mind. There's a yellow poppy in there as well.
I've been trying to get some tidying up done in the garden this week, but it's pouring with rain today so all I can do is look out of the window at work I'm itching to get on with.

I can't leave that knitting alone, and I've started making a rabbit. The pattern is from Nursery Knits by Debbie Bliss. This is an oldish book, published 1996, but I sought it out on eBay because I knew there were some toy patterns in it.
Love my books :)

Bunny parts. The yarn that looks grey on the photo is actually more of a fawn shade.