Sunday 6 April 2008

Glimpse of Summer

It was very warm here last week, and the sunshine seemed to bring some insects out. I got my camera and crept up on this ladybird, sunning itself on some ivy.

This blue pulmonaria has more than doubled in size since last year. Such a vibrant blue.

Primulas in dappled sunlight.

I think this one might be a polyanthus.
The fine weather lasted most of the week. In complete contrast, sleet and snow showers are forecast for later today, but it was nice to have a sunny interlude.

I saw that Laura Ashley are selling crochet bunting this year. Crochet bunting! So I wanted to see if I could make my own version. I reckon all you need to start with is a basic triangle shape, and the rest will follow.

These are the triangles I've done. Mine will be different from the Laura Ashley bunting. I found the method for making triangles in Crochet Inspiration by Sasha Kagan, and modified it a bit to make a slightly more elongated shape. It will be all cotton, so I'm hoping it won't be too heavy to hang nicely - time will tell!


Edit: Bunting is a string of flags or pennants which can be hung as decoration.