Saturday 22 December 2007

Ready for Christmas

What a difference a bright day makes! It's been so dark this week it's been impossible to take photos until this morning.
Our Christmas tree is up and decorated. Some of the tree ornaments belonged to my grandparents, and I can remember seeing them on their tree when I was little.

My snowmen and trees themed mantel.


The tiny tree at the extreme right was made by one of my daughters when she was younger.



I did get the pink and navy quilt finished. I thought the blue-grey borders might tone down the stronger colours a bit.
I used a Little Quilts pattern for the layout, but made my version smaller.



The pink and navy crocheted pansy is from an old Leisure Arts pattern. I glued a magnet on the back, so now I can have a flower on my fridge.


Here's where I take an end-of-year blogging break. I hope you have a very happy Christmas!