Tuesday 17 April 2007

At Last

Here at last is my finished quilt. I'm glad it's finally done, and I think I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Maybe I've just been too close to it for too long! If I don't look at it for a week, then casually catch sight of it out of the corner of my eye, I'll probably like it!
For the binding I used the same fabric as the border. I had enough of it left and it seemed the obvious choice. I didn't want a strongly contrasting binding, because the borders are so busy.

All the books tell you you should make labels for your quilts. I label most of mine, but just with my initials and the year.

This isn't the first pattern by Kim Diehl that I have made.

I made this one a few years ago. The pattern for this is also in the Simple Traditions book, but it was also published in Quilting Ideas magazine in 2001, and that's where I got the pattern.
There's less quilting on this one. I've had this as a throw on a sofa since I made it, and some of the plaids are a bit sun-faded now.