Friday 16 March 2007

Mother's Day

I thought I would show you what I made my mother for Mother's Day this Sunday.
If you're reading this in the United States, you may already know that in the UK Mother's Day is linked to a religious festival and falls in March.
My mother doesn't do computers so there's no way she will be able to peek at what I made her.

If you like the embroidery designs of Crabapple Hill you will probably recognise the pattern. The applique is hand-dyed wool. No, I didn't dye the wool myself! I used heavy homespun "prairie cloth" for the background. I wish now that I had used some in a slightly darker shade. Light neutrals always seem to look whiter in the finished article than they did before.
I used a woven stripe for the back.


I also potted up some grape hyacinths for her in a weathered pot. Hope she likes them.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I didn't forget the chocolate!